Monday, May 17, 2021

Turning 69 (again) wasn’t so bad. It was delightful in fact

 

Parked and ready to roll!

On Saturday we went to a memorial service for one of Evan’s mom’s dearest friend. For a moment it gave me new eyes as I listened to the kind words that were said about her. I asked myself, “ I wonder what people will say about me when I’m gone.” Not in a Narcissistic kind of way, but rather how am I living my life and how am I pouring my life into others? That truly is the best way to live. Mine is rather small in scope, but nonetheless valuable. Is there room for improvement? I would have to say yes. 

This right here is my earthly world. Grandchildren are a blessing from God. Each one unique in their own way, each with gifts that God will reveal to them as time goes by. I can already see some of their gifted-ness blossoming as they grow.  I tell the boys to be warriors in God’s kingdom, and I tell the girls to be strong and kind and warriors in their own right. I pray for these people. These people right here will be there for one another. Watching each other’s back, encouraging each other to do what is right and to live a life worthy of the Kingdom. FAMILY! It is truly a gift.

A
Marisa holding Maverick, Theo holding his dragon, ( their real you know) Landon, Louisa holding Lana, Luella, Reed holding sister McKenna and Reagan. 10 sweet lives and I am privileged to be their Mimi.

We leave for our Alaska trip tomorrow morning. Lord willing we will be there midnight our time, 8 pm Alaska time. Looking forward to so many of God’s creatures roaming around and beautiful the scenery. Don’t know really what to expect except this is the Disney World of God’s creation. Everyone we talk to says it is awesome just like when people go to Disney and say how awesome it is.

I hope to send picture via this media. I will share the good, bad and the ugly. The bumps, the bugs, the beauty. Stay tuned..





No comments: