Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother's Day May 9th and the packing has begun



Mother's Day began early with a lovely dinner, flowers and wine from Austin.
Then the next day we went to a friends house for dinner and after we ate she presented me with an early birthday present.

Beautiful gold heart earrings. I will probably never take them off so my other ones are up for grabs.
Thank you sweet friend!

Marisa, Louisa and Theo taking a walk with Daddy
Got to see these kids today!

Saturday was such a wonderful day. Evan and I were able to visit Tyler and his family INSIDE their house. We all hugged and I almost cried as I wrapped my arms around each one of them. I have missed their hugs and being able to be with them. Marisa, Louisa and Theo I can't wait to hug you again soon.

Today is Mother's Day. 


Church with Gavin and Liz, then lunch at their house with an assortment of Chinese delicacies. Gavin picked up this most delicious cake for us moms at Whole Foods. It was so yummy.
Being a mom to my four boys and one daughter has been and continues to be my greatest joy. They have collectively given me 10 grandchildren (so far) each one a treasure beyond words. Being a mom with younger children was the hardest, most challenging, exhausting job ever, but so rewarding to watch the children you raised, raise their own.



The packing for Alaska has begun in earnest. The trick is to pack what you think you'll need and remove one-half. We'll see!!! These decisions always remind me of Jesus' words, "Take up your mat and follow me?" Just my mat Jesus? 


 

No comments: