Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Alaska May 18th Day 1 A long day of travel



Left early in the morning. Pepper and Wayne drove us down to the airport. So grateful. With a hug, warm wishes and God speed we were off. 
Beautiful day to fly.
First stop Dallas and a most delicious cup of coffee. I had a free birthday beverage at Starbucks (good only for today) and we found one in the airport. Boy! That was a mistake. I choose a sweet salted caramel cold brew iced coffee. Venti baby! As in LARGE! It was DELICIOUS and the reason it was a mistake is because it will call my name every time I pass a Starbucks from now on. And dang it, they ain't' cheap. But, as the taste wears off and my frugalness remains  I'm sure this deliciousness will only be a rare occasion. Double dang!!!

Left Dallas at 4:30 and was treated to the most beautiful landscape. enlarge this photo if you can.

America is designed in squares, rectangles and circles. If anyone can tell me why circles please leave a comment below.
This range went on as far as the eye could see.

These mountains are really big. We saw an avalanche and even from the sky it looked massive.
I'm not sure where we were when we were flying over this part but my guess it was the St. Elias Range in the Yukon Territory. The lakes were still frozen and not a dwelling in sight. A very harsh environment, but so pretty. After that we flew up the coast passing the Prince William Sound and then onto Anchorage.

We stayed the night or I should say a few hours in a Comfort Suites. We will pick up our RV later this morning.


It was a long day of travel, but we made it safely to Anchorage. God answered our prayers. Thank you Lord!
Hope to post some of today May 19th 
Love you all!


Last picture as we fly into Anchorage. 
 

2 comments:

Carson said...

They are round for irrigation purposes.

Sharon Fogarty said...

oh thank you Carson. that sounds very reasonable!