Sunday, September 06, 2020

Colorado or bust

Our God set up meeting with Rachel. I love this girl!!!
Coming into Buena Vista, CO

 We left home around 9:30 am Thursday and drove. And drove. And drove. Our first stop was a Cracker Barrel in Springfield, Ohio. Made the mistake of ordering dinner as a take out once we got there. I said never again, but ole' Evan decided to have a second meal at our next stop at another Cracker Barrel. We both had to admit the best things to get at CB is the takeout containers. They will make awesome microwave container for the camper. So, with that being said, I want to thank CB for a wonderful two nights visit in your back parking lots. .Your hospitality is worth noting

Next stop after 12 hours of driving was Ft. Morgan, CO. We stayed in a Walmart parking lot which was not a nice as the CB. Evan moved the camper 4 times to get a spot he felt safe in. 

As we drove towards Buena Vista my ears started popping. We were climbing higher and higher going over the mountains. I couldn't take my eyes off the scenery as it passed by. We are now at the real campsite in Buena Vista, CO,  9,900 ft above sea level.We are surrounded by beautiful mountains. It's very dry here, but the mountain views are spectacular.

After we set up camp Evan wanted to buy me an iced coffee at this really trendy place in town. I was standing in line waiting to place my order when I heard my name being called. I looked around and in walks Rachael Hubbard. Her earlier plans were canceled with friends and she decided to stop in for a latte. We enjoyed the most delightful conversation sitting on the front porch of this coffee house. We were hoping to meet up with her while we were here so God arranged a visit for us.

Tomorrow, Lord willing we are going to drive the Cottonwood Pass. 12,126 feet above sea level.

So far we are loving this trip. The long drive perhaps, not so.

2 comments:

joy said...

Wow you are driving 12!hrs a day. We found 6 to 7 was best for us. Glad your enjoying your trip so far and the best is yet to come. I love the mountains it majestical. Have looking forward to your next post. Ernie and I have only passed thru CO never really visited yet so it is on the list. Love ya joy

Diana said...

Sharon, this is so wonderful to read. I love your adventurous spirit