Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Sept. 15 Coffee at Coffee Bear and a town called Silverton

 Last night I made a HUGE mistake. How was this Maryland girl thinking that I could buy a good crab cake anywhere in Colorado? Don't do it!!! You know if they have to sell it with cocktail sauce they must need to cover the taste. It didn't. Plus, getting four crab cakes for $6 should have been another hint to walk away. I didn't. But, we did get a coffee in Ouray again today. A sweet little coffee shop that freshly grinds the beans to order to make a most delicious cup of jo. That was a huge plus. I can forgive Colorado for the crab cakes since the coffee was such a treat.


We sat outside last night and waited for our eyes to adjust to look at the stars. Oh. My. Goodness! Way better then Lucy in the Sky's with Diamonds. (of course I really wouldn't know )  Heck, I have never seen so many beautiful twinkling stars. The Heavens do declare the glory of God. We just need to take time to look. I remember as a child looking at the stars and feeling a little scared knowing they were so far away. I got that same feeling, but a little differently. It made me think of the brevity of this life and the pettiness of life I generally live. Oh man...God is so patient with me. So far on this trip I have had two God experiences. Once at the Cottonwood Lake and last night looking at the stars. Sometimes this girl just needs to stop and look up.

The harrowing drive up the Million Dollar Highway. I didn't grab hold of Evan's arm but I really couldn't look down  either. There were parts of the asphalt that was eroding right on the edge. I'm telling you they need to repair that!!!! 
Town of Littleton. Not the best picture.

I'll get more later and add it to tomorrow's post.

Today we are going to Silverton. Yup, we're driving that million dollar highway. Perhaps I should have put a little vodka in that coffee.

2 comments:

Master Casual said...

Haha Love the last part. Really awesome adventure so far!

joy said...

I agree about the crab cakes NEVER order crab cakes unless your in Maryland! We have also been sorely disappointed outside Maryland when it comes to crab cakes.
The western sky’s are magnificent! I also would sit outside at night just looking at the stars. Keep having fun.