Monday, September 14, 2020

Sept. 14 Arrived in Ridgway Today Black Canyon NP

 Drove to Ridgway yesterday. The landscape was SO different. Lots of tan and brown. However, we were treated to the most specular views on our way. This is truly a beautiful country. made foe a stressful drive. Yesterday we drove 16 miles to Ouray. A very cute mining town. We had dinner there.


Enjoyed a delicious dinner here. Looking down on the town after dinner
Entering the Black Canyon



 

Today, we went to the Black Canyon. We started at the top and looked down. Impressive!!! Then we went D O W N, down, down. A 16 percent grade and hair pin turns, 6 slow miles. At the bottom signs of falling rock did nothing for my uneasiness. 2,700 feet difference. I can see why they made this a National Park.

I am sitting at a Dunkin Donut's table outside writing this because our days at the State Park we do not have internet, so if by blogs are a bit spotty that's why.

More pictures of today


I have so much enjoyed this trip, but typically I'm a 10 day girl before home starts calling my heart. This is day 10! Thankfully, we have much more to see. Tomorrow we are driving the million mile highway. It's a treacherous road. no guardrails and straight down! One lane in each direction. It's either called the million dollar highway because they either paved over millions of dollars worth of gold per mile or it cost a million dollars a mile to build. Until I can write again, I send my love to all who read this.

Did you know how beautiful Maryland is? How lovely the Chesapeake Bay is? How nice it is to drive without feeling like you're going to fall into the abyss? I truly am thankful to have this opportunity, BUT Maryland is a delightful place to call home.

Blessings and love to all my family and friends. Can't wait to see my little Maverick! OXOXOX



1 comment:

joy said...

So true about Maryland it has everything I agree. You know it’s called “Little America”. Sharon glad your still having a good time. I know what you mean about those roads it is nerve racking I didn’t like that type of drive either. Well stay safe hope to see you soon. Love ya Joy