Friday, March 12, 2021

Last day couldn't have been more perfect

 Started the morning with devotions on the porch. The birds were chirping and I saw my first Robin of  spring.


This is where we stayed for two nights. I love old houses, I just wouldn't want to pay for their upkeep. Yowzer, what a bill that would be and constantly so. Even though it was very well kept I saw many places that needed attention.
After devotions we had the most, and I mean the most delicious breakfast. Not because the other places only served carbs such as bagels, cereal and the like, but because it was absolutely the best.  First they served a fruit smoothie, devine,  Eggs served how you want them, sausage or  bacon, grits or potatoes. and toast of your choice. Coffee with heavy cream, did I miss that? A great way to begin a day of adventure.
                                         A gate house on one of the plantations. Built 1765
Some of the grounds on the plantation. It was so beautiful.
                                              These Cypress Trees literally live in the water! 

After breakfast we explored Edenton
This is the oldest Georgian style courthouse in the country. Still holds court to this day about once a month.
Canons by the waters edge served to defend this area.
Looking down from the courthouse to the water.
                                             Evan sitting in the judges seat in the courthouse

                                                    Time for a stop and a cup of coffee. I stopped in a store that had all kinds of things. I saw a framed piece of artwork that I had a love/hate feeling about, but for some reason I couldn't leave it in the store. It will add to my certainly eclectic collection of artwork, but I'm not at all sure where I will put it. I guarantee it will be a conversation piece that will have people exclaiming, "What the heck and you paid good money for this?"
                    We were blessed to get a personal tour of several buildings. One was the lighthouse.

                             We were able to climb all the way to the cupola over looking the bay.

Today is 78 degrees. I'm writing this sitting on the porch. An ever so slight breeze kisses my face as I sit here. It's lovely! We leave tomorrow for home. We say goodbye to the south hoping to visit again sometime. At the beginning of this trip we really did not know where we were going to end up staying. We asked the Lord to guide our plans and where we should stay. He was indeed faithful as a travel guide. We road our bikes everywhere and He protected us each step of the way. I'll bet we rode 30 or so miles on our bikes and about 12-15 hours in the saddle. We went down every side street and Main street in each town. I didn't know before we left it was going to be such a biking vacation, but it was and I do not regret any mile we took. The weather was perfect each day and we saw such wonderful things.
Since we had such a big breakfast we skipped lunch and will enjoy dinner somewhere here in town. So this ends my last post of our trip.
ALASKA will be my next one, but perhaps not quite as regular. Can't imagine why!

Love you all,
💟💟💟




No comments: