Saturday, March 06, 2021

Early morning in Maryland, afternoon in South Carolina

 Long drive, but not bad at all considering it was Saturday and the drive around DC was a breeze. Or maybe because it was before 4:30 am or both.  Anyway, we're totally grateful we had no problems on our way down. The only small problem was finding a place to get coffee. Somewhere in lower Virginia we were delighted to find a Dunkin Donuts that was open. With a cup of coffee in hand we felt life couldn't get much better. So off we went with a steaming cup of joe only to deposit it in the trashcan at the next place we got gas. IT WAS HORRIBLE!  It was another few hours driving that we stopped at another Dunkin. Trepidation and dread filled our thoughts. Do we dare try again?  Not only was it delicious, but their senior discount was generous. $1.49 for both hot and iced coffee. SCORE!!! North Carolina knows how to treat their senior citizens. Plus the green fields were so good to see.


Green, green, green!!!!!
Tons of swampy areas along side the road. I can just imagine the mosquitoes in the summer! Perhaps this is where that first Dunkin found its fresh water to make that cup of coffee. I know, I know, first world problem.

Drove through Myrtle Beach looking for a place to stay the night. Remember how I said I wanted the Lord to direct our place to stay? Well, it wasn't MB. 

This was the beach in Myrtle Beach
And palm trees! In Myrtle, Beach

Tonight I can already smell the shrimp and grits that will fill my plate. 

The "River Room" in Georgetown is where we had dinner. Shrimp and grits did indeed fill my plate and satisfied my tummy, BUT, give me a Maryland Crab cake any day! So glad I tried their local specialty. Brave Evan stuck with the steak. When it comes to food he is not adventurous at all, unless someone sneaks him something unaware. (that's enough tomatoes Mom) You know who I'm talking about!
Great atmosphere
And they were yummy! All around it was a wonderful day of adventure.
Reluctantly, NOT, we left MB and drove to Georgetown, SC. What a gem. We liked this place so much we decided to stay for two nights. Like I said, S L O W this down a bit. It's a really cute town with lots of shops and restaurants, good food and sweet, southern people. I just might come home with a southern accent I love it so much. This is taken from our hotel window.
This is outside our hotel room. the marina sits along side the hotel. Million dollar boats sit on the water. I'm dead serious MILLION $$$$$$$. We talked to a man who brought his boat down from Massachusetts and calls this harbor/marina his home now. Very interesting. 

Tomorrow, LW, we get on our bikes and ride through the neighborhoods, perhaps find a little coffee shop, do some window shopping and find another treasure for dinner. This is where your prayers will be appreciated. Tomorrow 56 degrees with brilliant sunshine. I'll take it.

I bid you all good-night as sleep was quite deprived last night and the morning came way to early, even for me! Love to you all! OXOXOX

2 comments:

joy said...

Ask Evan if he remembers the beef tongue we served at Eric Christening and he loved it.

Sharon Fogarty said...

Haha, Joy. I will ask him.