Monday, March 08, 2021

On to Charleston, and you know what they say about location location location

The Kings Courtyard Inn Charleston, SC

Outside the hotel


 Before we left Georgetown and knowing we were going to a rather uppity hotel Evan  told me we couldn't drag in all the luggage we brought. He did not want to look like the hobos we really are. Humph,  We arrived in Charleston eager to see this hotel. It's in a great place where we could just park our car and bike everywhere. We must have ridden several hours this afternoon and yes, unfortunately but kinda expected, I fell off my bike but only once. People came to my aid even a policeman. The good news is that I didn't hurt myself except a bit of pride. And since I hate that anyway, so good riddance. With a single tear in my eye, I brushed myself off and off we went. Hopefully that should be the only fall for this trip. Lord willing! 

We were stopped by a couple of ladies who asked us where we got our bikes as they were probably wanting to rent some. I was very close to giving her mine, but it would have been a long walk back to the hotel. She said it has been 10 years since she has ridden one and Evan thought to encourage her by telling her I was 70 years old. Good grief. I'm not ready to sit in a rocking chair and knit socks just yet. Falling off a bike is way more fun!


First trip on bikes was Rainbow Row. The cutest and oldest cluster of row homes that are intact in the United States. Each house is a different color hence the name Rainbow Row. So cute!!!






The cobblestone roads in some places made riding our bikes a tad bit bumpy. But, they sure were pretty. 


This was one of my favorite places. Pineapple Fountain with the backdrop of Cooper River in Waterfront Park. So pretty and on such a beautiful day.

Wrapping up the day with wine and cheese. Two glasses of wine for the win.
Cheers to a good day.

Cheers to a very good man. A man who cares for me, who looks out for me and cherishes me just as I am. I do love him. We grew up together and have been married almost 44 years. We are enjoying this season of our lives.


This is what $200 gets you per night. What is great is the location. We can walk or ride our bikes everywhere we want. Tomorrow we are riding our bikes to where we will pick up the ferry to Ft. Sumter. Looking forward to that very much. 

I bid you all a good day. I love you all who read this and are sharing this journey with us. OXOX

2 comments:

Taylee Fogarty said...

I love the Rainbow Row!! So glad you're enjoying biking. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Enjoy every moment as I'm sure you are. Love following around with you guys through your blog. Stay safe!

Sharon Fogarty said...

Taylee,
thank you for leaving a comment. I love reading them. Love you