Sunday, June 25, 2023

 Day 3 Quebec 6-25-23

The morning began with a wonderful breakfast.




Very authentically French!

Inside the courtyard of the castle. Last night after dinner.
Looking down on the street where we live! Until tomorrow that is.
Looking down towards the river
The castle lit up at night.

We are still not sure what we will be doing tomorrow. The air quality due to the wild fires is not so great. 
Warnings were just posted last night for people with asthma to stay inside. Could be better tomorrow. 




The castle towers over everything in town and 
diverts your eye from really other gorgeous buildings and architecture.


Typical outside courtyard. So many places to eat in this city.
I haven't  forgotten I'm in Canada, but goodness I sure feel like I'm in Europe
I am not at all a city person, but this place is so stinking cute I believe I could change my mind. Evan posing on one of the streets that truly capture my imagination.. Check out the umbrellas suspended above the street.
Our late morning treat. Cafe' latte bowl. I'm bringing this idea home with me. HOW FUN!!!

614 rooms. massive hotel. The bully in town with an egotistical attitude that boldly says, "look at me". And you really can't help yourself; it's certainly impressive inside and out. 
Took the tour, and learned about the history. In this building and we most likely stood in the very same rom as Roosevelt, Churchill and the Canadian PM worked out the planning of the Normandy battle Aug. 17-24 1943. The hotel was evacuated and canceled 3,000 reservations to allow this meeting to take place.
We say goodbye to Quebec tomorrow morning and the longer we stay the more I long for quite and less distractions and trinkets. It has been a lovely stay, but it's enough.
We have decided to travel up the Gaspe' Peninsula tomorrow morning right after our breakfast. But looking at the weather maybe not. We are praying about it.

I sure do miss you guys!
Stay well, we'll see you soon.
πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the history y’all are seeing, looks beautiful and life giving. The Castles would be killer to see up close a personal. Cheers! CEF

Sharon Fogarty said...

CEF, it's beautiful, but i'm ready to say goodbye to the city and find some quaint fishing villages.
Love you!

Master Casual said...

Yeah, I know what you mean by distractions and stuff. It can get a bit much over time. However! Really fun for a short bit!