Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A life that smiles

Sometimes, and if you look just a little, God will show you things that will bring a smile to your face. Something to lighten the day and take the heaviness from your heart. Yesterday as I was getting ready for the Titus 2 meeting at church and I happened to look out my bathroom window to see a warrior in my front yard.
Earlier in the day I mentioned to Carson that the “carpenter bees” were becoming a huge problem and boring holes in our house. I had called the University of Maryland’s Corporative Extension Service and found out these things are like salmon and return to the same place year after year. And since bees lay more than one egg, we have many returning home boring sometimes 2 feet into our home. Our fort was in danger and the enemy was invading. Yet my solders in the reserve unit were on duty; something the enemy was not aware of.
I could see clearly in my minds eye this solder just outside my window dressed in his battle gear. The helmet was in place and the breastplate securely fitted. He was ready for battle. With a hose in one hand and a broom in the other, war was declared. One by one the enemy was brought to its (bees) knees. It is so comforting to know that my battalion is equipped and ready at all times. So, groundhogs go for cover, ants say your last rights and bees be aware we are armed and dangerous. Just as the green faces bring terror to the enemies of the United States, so the solders on the hill with brooms in their quiver and hose pistils packed on their sides.
Today, a tennis racket stands by the front door; another weapon in our vast artillery.
There is a saying that goes, “You see what you are prepared to see”. Look just a little and I promise God will give you something to smile about today.

Tennis anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a sweet story! I'm sure it was quite a picture to watch as your brave soldier defended his Home ground! You're blessed to have such a good protector! If I was a bee I think I’d think twice before invading a home so well equipped for defense! You go Carson! Thanks for sharing the story, and for driving last night, I soo enjoyed talking on the way down. God is good:-)

Master Casual said...

YEHA!!! You go Pookies!!

I'm up for tennis when I get home! Let Pops know for me, Mumsy please!

Cheers!