Thursday, June 05, 2008

A light at the end of the tunnel

Something happened today that has not happened in a long time. I was actually able to work on something besides the kitchen. I cleaned out both stoves of all the ashes. Hey, I know that does not seem like a big deal but I have been looking at those dirty stoves for sometime now, and quite frankly, it is great to have that job done.
Another thing that happened today is that I can actually see the end of this kitchen job. I finished the stain and polyurethane today on the walls so that the walls are now completely DONE! We went with ship lapped siding on the walls instead of drywall for a different look. It looks and has a cottage feel and I am quite pleased in how it has turned out.
Evan has done a beautiful job putting this all together. He is an amazing carpenter, slow, but amazingly good. I marvel at how he can do what he does and how he seems to learn as he goes. I cannot wait to have you all over to sit in my kitchen. Together we will enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and I will relish at the fact it is finally done.
I think I am projected out and I do not want to even think about another job right now. Yet, it would be good to have the front porch put on sometime. However, we will not go there at the moment as I begin to relish in the fact we are on the home stretch with our current project.

Another side note. Having grown men still living in my home, I am claiming this verse as my life verse at the moment. Philippians 1:6, 9-11. I have run down the path that their lives at this point is still my responsibility. WRONG! God has begun the work in them and my role is now to champion them towards the finish line.
God is good!
Peace out!
(just for you Amy)

3 comments:

Skatergrl said...

Thank you my dear friend (for the “Peace Out”!)!!! I love it! I'm SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO So happy that you are almost to the end of your project! I can't wait to see it and am hoping for the opportunity VERY soon! I feel so bad for you though...you mean no more trips to the bath tub after making dinner on the porch??? :(

Love ya lots!!!

Tyler said...

Mom,
Going off the ship theme, congrats on finishing the bulkheads! By the way, are you done with the ship's deck or is that still a work in progress? Last I saw, there was just ripped up linoleum.

Love,
Tyler

Sharon Fogarty said...

Oh Tyler,
You must come and see how things look, but if you wait two more weeks the cabinets might be up. I am doing the "deck" next week and Dad is putting up some of the trim this weekend. It will take four weeks to get the counter tops installed after we put up the cabinets, so we have a few more trips to the bathroom to do the dishes.
What are you doing for Father's Day? If it is nice we should go to the lake for a sail and come back here for a cookout.