Friday, June 27, 2008

Counter-top and clerks

As I write this blog, the man from the counter-top manufacture is here measuring. It is finally coming to a close. Although I still have about three weeks to do my dishes in the bathroom sink, I see the end in sight.
We still have lots of finishing pieces to put together for the job to be completely finished; we can take on a somewhat slower pace at this point.
I look forward in making many meals in my new kitchen and sharing them with all of you at one time or another.

Life is racing by and waits for no man. I cannot believe 2008 is half over.
My mom was up for a couple of days and we found ourselves shopping in Hanover. It was a gorgeous day, the kind that puts me in a great mood rejoicing that I am alive to enjoy such a treasure. While in Hanover, I had a return at khol's and looking around I picked up a sweet, summer nightgown for Taylee. As I was paying for it, the sales lady asked me if I was able to qualify for the senior discount. PLEASE tell me I do not look over 62 years old. All of the sudden, the day was not as sunny nor was my mood enhanced by her question. Yes, I have come to expect not to be carded when entering a liqueur store, but if I have to endure such abuse from a sales clerk, I'm doing all my shopping online.
Life is short and it is a precious gift from the Lord. However, if my body would only head south when the car is packed I would think better of it. Wrinkles come to soon and beauty does not last. So, live each day with the end of it in mind, cherish the people you love and create wonderful memories with family and friends. I have been learning to not waste one day with a bad attitude, a biting tongue or demanding spirit.
With that said, I guess the sales clerks can say what they will. I am not 62...YET! Lord willing one day I will be, and I will take all the discounts I can get and all the perks of being a senior. Until then, one day at a time "Sweet Jesus" one day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Miss Sharon. Take heart, for senior discounts are usually at age 55. Besides, you don't look a day over 29 : )