Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Monday

Today is the day after Resurrection Sunday. We enjoyed a wonderful sermon by Josh Harris, and as usual, he brought out things from a relatively small section of Scripture and expounded on them in a manner that brought clarity to the subject matter. I am always intrigued that he can have that much insight and be able to communicate it in a way we can apply to our own lives. He is certainly a gifted speaker. I feel so blessed to be at this church.
Yesterday after church, we went over some friends we have known for a long time to share a meal together. We were among some friends we have known for many years and some we know only at Easter. We all enjoyed the day very much even though the weather was rather chilly. Upon returning home, we were visited by our close friends the Armacost’s. It was a surprise visit; they were looking at a piece of land near us just over the hill. It would be so cool if they lived that close.
Come on spring like temps! Is anybody else ready to get their fingers deep into the earth and start their gardens? I know I am.
Love to all

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about getting my fingers in the dirt, but I am defiantly ready to go outside without a coat. That 80 degree day we had last week totally spoiled me. Come quickly spring!!! Glad you had a nice Easter. Have an awesome week.

Sharon Fogarty said...

And you also my dear!
Any plans this week?
Are you in Westminster anytime this week? I would love to meet for coffee sometime soon.
love you

Anonymous said...

Not too many plans, just the normal cooking, cleaning and schooling the children. But thanks be to God that He entrusts us with these little way to serve Him ;)
I'd love to meet for coffee sometime. It would be nice to catch up, since I haven't had much of a chance to talk with you lately. Let me know sometime when you are free.
Love you too.