Friday, May 16, 2008

Picture this

It has been a long time since my last blog but I have to write or I will go crazy.
It is a Friday late morning and as most of you know we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel job. The house is in disrepair and the cook is working extra hard getting a meal on the table. Dishes are done in the bathroom, refrigerator is on the back porch, stove(thank goodness) sits alone in my new undone kitchen. Life for me is just a bit challenging although I am grateful I do not need to run down to the nearby polluted stream to fetch my water. That alone keeps me in the right frame of mind as I work to maintain my sense of order.
Evan has logged off work today to work on the kitchen and I believe he has hand picked the three stooges working along side of him. Austin, Carson and Jesse are the best he can come up with as his helpers this day. With the radio blaring I walked out from the computer room to get my dear husband a cup of coffee and what I witnessed I was not prepared to see from grown men. One sitting on a pile of lumber sanding his feet with the belt sander and the other two vacuuming their heads with a shop vac because it feels good. Evan just shaking his head promising me that the kitchen will indeed get done this millennium. I think I feel the need to go shopping. Hope everyone likes Stouffer's meals.

5 comments:

Tyler said...

The story about the three stooges was unbelievably funny! And yet, I can picture them playing with shop vac and belt sander like you described so easily; probably because I've witnessed like antics before. Those three boys/men have always been fun/trouble.

Sharon Fogarty said...

Yet my dear son, if you were in the mix, you would most likely be either doing handstands in the middle of the room or doing pull ups from the rafters. It could get that crazy!

Anonymous said...

Larry, Moe and Curly make their 21st century debut. Take heart.........a little shop vac to their heads will undoubtedly increase the oxygen supply to their brains!

Skatergrl said...

IT'S ABOUT TIME you were posting again!!! haha. Glad you're back! I enjoyed reading your post "Trees and the grace of God" but after almost exactly a year of seeing the same thing...I enjoyed your latest news :-)
I LOVED your story. I can almost picture it! How nice laughter is admist hard work! It's nice to know your spirits are kept light by such wonderful helpers! Glad your doing so well my pioneering friend. Love ya lots!!!

Jen said...

I'm with skategrl... after a year of seeing the "Trees" post each week when I check blogs, I'm EXCITED to see you back to blogging, Sharon! I miss seeing you more regularly at CG so I'm looking forward to glimpses of your life via this blog. :) Thanks for posting!

About Evan and his side-kicks, I wondered where Gavin would fit into the antics if he were helping... maybe something with a power tool? :shudders: scary thought!!